On October 31st, children will be dressing up in
their favorite costumes to go trick or treating! Please read the following
information and help keep our children safe during this holiday! Have a SAFE and FUN Halloween!
should trick-or-treat during daylight hours.
should never be allowed to go out alone on Halloween.
should never eat any treats until they have been examined.
should be cut and closely examined before eating.
children that they should never enter strangers’ homes.
children into your home.
should never accept rides from strangers.
should never take shortcuts through backyards or alleys.
Set a specific
time limit for your children to be out on Halloween.
10. Give wrapped homemade treats only to children you
11. Instruct children not to stray from their group.
12. A responsible adult should escort children while
13. Adult escorts should carry flashlights.
14. Don’t leave your home unattended on Halloween
15. Keep pets inside your home, or other safe place on
16. Children should walk, not run, during their
17. Parents should know what route their children will be
18. All costumes should be made of light-colored,
19. Children should wear proper fitting costumes and
20. Props such as swords should be made of pliable
21. Realistic replica firearms should never be used.
22. Masks should not be worn if they impair vision.
23. Wigs should be fireproof and should not restrict
24. Children should always use sidewalks, not the street,
25. Children should look in all directions before
crossing the street.